Want to be a part of our life-saving mission?
Golden Oldies Cat Rescue is a 501c3 non-profit founded in June 2016. We are run primarily by volunteers, which means we always are in need of people to join us who hold a special place in their hearts for our feline friends!
If this is you, there are many areas in which you can help.
The following are some of the tasks we need volunteers for:
- Helping with our twice-yearly mailings (gathering supplies such as envelopes and stamps, taking the newsletter to the printer, and organizing a team of volunteers to assemble the mailing)
- Assisting our foster/adoption coordinator as a foster parent partner (transporting cats and supplies to foster and/or adoptive homes and medical appointments)
- Checking our gmail account for messages (this is done by a team of volunteers on a scheduled rotation)
- Fundraising: organizing social media or in-person fundraisers
- Soliciting newspaper ad sponsors
- Researching and writing grants
- Being part of our Monterey County Gives! team, pending our selection to the campaign (donation data entry, thank you letter writing, producing content for email newsletters, making videos to be posted on Facebook)
- Conducting home visits for potential fosters or adopters
- Maintaining our materials location spreadsheet
- Writing copy for newsletters
- Making follow up calls to adopters to check on how their cat is doing
- Taking pictures of cats
- Working at regularly scheduled tabling events and special events
- Putting on presentations
- Distributing brochures/flyers throughout Monterey County
- Doing radio/TV interviews and appearances