Golden Oldies is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Tax ID #81-2831100. Your donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Monetary donations of any size are appreciated. We are still a young organization and rely heavily on donations from the public to further our mission. Our biggest anticipated expense is medical care for the cats we rescue. Your dollars will be used for much-needed medical care for our kitties, supplies, and other program expenses. And sometimes we need to reduce fees for financially strapped guardians who are surrendering their cat, so donations help fill the gap when we are not collecting the entire fee.
In addition to monetary donations, we also accept:
- Food. We prefer a high-quality protein wet food for our older kitties to keep them healthy
- Cat litter
- Treats. These are good to help ease the stress of a new move, especially Greenies, Temptations, Friskies Party Mix, Cat Sushi and freeze-dried chicken or salmon
- New or like-new toys. Catnip toys, wand toys, feather toys … you name it, our fosters will appreciate them
- New beds. Hide-a-beds are nice for stressed out foster cats. Warm and snuggly round beds are always great. Small and medium sized soft blankets are good for foster cats to snuggle into
- Food and water bowls and plates
- $10 gift cards to Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Peet’s Coffee and Pet Food Express to use as prizes or raffle items
- Gift cards to Amazon or any local pet store so we can buy food and other supplies we need
- Gift cards to Pet Food Express, Petsmart, Chewy or Petco
For details on our donation drop off site call us at 831-200-9700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also can arrange for pickup if it is local. If it’s not local it’s best to send a check designated for “supplies” and we can buy what is needed. Checks should be mailed to: Golden Oldies Cat Rescue, P.O. Box 683, Monterey, CA 93942
We also need NEWSPAPER AD sponsors. The more we can publicize our organization the more cats we can help! A 1/8th page black and white ad in the Monterey County Weekly runs $100 and a 1/4th page color ad runs $250. A 2”x 4” black and white ad in the Carmel Pine Cone runs $112 and a color ad is $137. Sponsors are acknowledged in the ads however they wish it to be worded. Email email@example.com ATTN: Margaret or call 831-200-9700 for more info.
CAR/BOAT/REAL ESTATE DONATIONS
What’s the best way to get rid of that old car, motorcycle, RV, boat with trailer, even real estate of yours? Donate it!
We are happy to announce that Golden Oldies has just partnered with Donate for Charity, Inc. a service that turns a dreaded chore into a good deed.
And it’s easy! Fill out the on-line form or give them a call at 1-866-392-8843, name Golden Oldies Cat Rescue as the nonprofit to receive the proceeds, and Donate for Charity will do the rest including picking up the vehicle!
Clear your driveway, get a tax deduction, and make a difference for our beloved older cats all at the same time!
Go to https://www.donateforcharity.com/nonprofit/golden-oldies-cat-rescue/ for more information and to get started!
AMAZON WISH LIST
We also have an Amazon Wish List of items that will help keep our foster cats happy and healthy.
If you are placing an order with Amazon, please take a look at our list and consider purchasing something for Monterey County’s older cats. Amazon gift cards also are appreciated.
The link to our Amazon Wish list is:
Thank you for your support from all of us at Golden Oldies and the cats whose lives you are helping make better and brighter!