Golden Oldies is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Tax ID #81-2831100. Your donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Monetary donations of any size are appreciated. We are still a young organization and rely heavily on donations from the public to further our mission. Our biggest anticipated expense is medical care for the cats we rescue. Your dollars will be used for much-needed medical care for our kitties, supplies, and other program expenses. And sometimes we need to reduce fees for financially strapped guardians who are surrendering their cat, so donations help fill the gap when we are not collecting the entire fee.
In addition to monetary donations, we also accept:
- Food. We prefer a high-quality protein wet food for our older kitties to keep them healthy.
- Cat litter.
- Treats. These are good to help ease the stress of a new move, especially Greenies, Temptations, Friskies Party Mix, Cat Sushi and freeze-dried chicken or salmon.
- New or like-new toys. Catnip toys, wand toys, feather toys … you name it, our fosters will appreciate them.
- New or like-new beds and blankets. Hide-a-beds are nice for stressed out foster cats. Warm and snuggly round beds are always great. Small and medium sized soft blankets are good for foster cats to snuggle into.
- Food and water bowls and plates
- New litter boxes and scoops
- New or like-new tall cat trees
- New cat scratching pads
- $10 gift cards to Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Peet’s Coffee and Pet Food Express to use as prizes or raffle items
- Gift cards to Amazon or any local pet store so we can buy food and other supplies we need
For details on our donation drop off site call us at 831-200-9700 or email email@example.com. We also can arrange for pickup if it is local. If it’s not local it’s best to send a check designated for “supplies” and we can buy what is needed. Checks should be mailed to: Golden Oldies Cat Rescue, P.O. Box 683, Monterey, CA 93942
We also need NEWSPAPER AD sponsors. The more we can publicize our organization the more cats we can help! A 1/8th page black and white ad in the Monterey County Weekly runs $100 and a 1/4th page color ad runs $250. A 2”x 4” black and white ad in the Carmel Pine Cone runs $112 and a color ad is $137. Sponsors are acknowledged in the ads however they wish it to be worded. Email firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Margaret or call 831-200-9700 for more info.